01 April, 2013

The hole toast


This dish reminds me of my childhood, when I used to spend the whole day on the beach in Benidorm and, in the evening, after a refreshing bath, I almost always had this toast for dinner. It's very simple, yet very comfortable, and I had the opportunity of trying it again last summer, after a long time apart.

You need:
2 loaves of bread
sliced cheese (as much as you want)
sliced ham (as much as you want)
1 egg

Toast the loaves of bread for a little while. Put the slices of cheese and of ham on top of one of them.
Fry an egg and place it on your sandwich. Cover it all with the second slice of bred, but only after you made a hole on it, right above the egg yolk.
If you like, spread it with butter.
Place it in the oven just a little bit for the cheese to melt. Eat with french fries.

No comments: