27 March, 2013

In my pink apron: the beginning

This is the love story between a young woman and her passion for cooking, admiring and eating food.
It all began relatively late in my life, during that precious year where I had to start cooking no to starve to death nor to get terribly obese: my erasmus year.
I arrived in Paris with very basic cooking notions but not willing to waste my time in the most romantic city in the world inside a shared kitchen, cooking only for me. That's where I got it wrong: I fell in love. And when you fall in love, you take pleasure in serving your other half nice meals prepared by your own hands. At first it takes a while to be at ease with types of meal, with condiments and with boiling times, but with practice it all comes easily. And, for some, it becomes a real passion.


Esta é a história de amor entre uma jovem mulher e a sua paixão por culinária: cozinhar, observar e comer.
Tudo começou relativamente tarde na minha vida, naquela altura preciosa em que tive de começar a cozinhar para não ficar morbidamente obesa nem esqueleticamente magra: o meu ano de Erasmus.
Cheguei a Paris com praticamente zero noções avançadas de cozinha e sem vontade nenhuma de perder o meu tempo limitado na cidade mais romântica do mundo dentro de uma cozinha partilhada a preparar um jantar só para mim. Foi precisamente aí que me enganei, porque me apaixonei. E quem se apaixona gosta de presentear a sua alma-gémea com pratos cuidadosamente elaborados por si. Inicialmente demorei algum tempo até me habituar aos vários tipos de refeições, aos condimentos e aos tempos de cozedura, mas a prática faz o mestre. E, no meu caso, tornou-se uma verdadeira paixão.

No comments: